Thursday 17 April 2014

Lady with the Blue Wrap

Lady with the Blue Wrap
Acrylic on Masonite
400 x 600mm
NOT FOR SALE

It has been a while since I posted.  After painting the portraits for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days project, I decided to tackle something a little different to my usual work and I really enjoyed it.  The trick about painting something like this is that you need a model to work from.  As an everyday person who is also an artist, it is not that easy to find someone to model for you.  As an art student I was lucky enough to do life drawing and we had models who would pose for us.

This painting has reminded me how I loved figure drawing and painting.  So keep watching this space, I am going to venture into this field a bit more.

I almost forgot to share the collage below.  It shows the painting through the different stages from beginning to end.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...