Monday 29 April 2013

Time to heal

I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted in my blog.  I feel quite sad actually but when I look back to the date of my last post, I remember how ill I was at the time.  My fibromyalgia was at its worst and every part of me seemed to hurt.  My vision would blur most of the time and I battled to do any fine work in my paintings.

So I put away my paint, paper and canvases and tried to get better.  I found alternative treatments to help for the pain and the fatigue and was able to land a job again as Graphic Designer in 2012, but this meant relocating from my beautiful Port Elizabeth to the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg.

With tears in my eyes I packed and moved, making sure my art materials were packed in.  I started playing around with abstract paintings just to get into the feel of painting again.  Though not finished, I like having them to fiddle on when I can't do fine work.

The painting of the Rhino is also painted with large brushes and is quite rough.  The more I look at it, the more I want to get stuck in and refine it. 

So these are my projects that keep me going.  Till next time, have a wonderful week.


1 comment:

  1. So pleased that you are back to painting (sorry I am catching up with this post so late). Hope your new job is turning out all you wish and that we will be seeing you online more soon. Best wishes from me...ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...