Wednesday 14 September 2011

A Fresh Start

My blog has been very quiet over the last few months as has been my painting.  All over body aches and stiffness, blurred vision and extreme exhaustion forced me to lay down my paint brushes.  Fibromyalgia is a very lonely disease, people don't know what to say to you when they see you limping and hear you stuttering and stammering as you battle to make a complete sentence.  Cold weather aggravates the Fibromyalgia aches and pains, so I am very thankful that we are now moving into our warm season here in the Southern hemisphere.

Over the last six weeks I have been taking supplements that have improved my mobility to a degree, so I am preparing to paint once again.

In the mean time I have been looking into ways to sell my artwork on cards, posters, clothing etc.  So I have just opened a Zazzle shop.  It's still new to me so I am still trying to figure out the design and settings.  It would be a nice outlet for my smaller drawings and possibly even some of my digital drawings.

I turned one of my drawings into a mouse pad, I quite like it.  See the link below. 

Wiseman Mouse Pad from Zazzle.com


Till next time.  Take care.

Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa, So glad you are back to blogging, and that you are feeling well enough to paint again. Here's to continued health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your illness. I hope your new treatments will improve the situation and you will soon be creating your wonderful images again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa, so sorry to hear about your Fibromyalgia, I can just imagine how debilitating that must be and I'm glad to hear that the warmer weather will bring you an improvement. If you're looking for ways to sell your art, I would just like to mention RedBubble, I'm putting a link to my profile, and then you can just click on the big RedBubble picture top left to find out more about joining. I really have had some fabulous sales and met some wonderful artists on the site, I can really recommend it! If and when you join, just add me to your "Watchlist" and I will be able to pick up your profile from there.
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/MareeClarkson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...