Tuesday 20 September 2011

Cloudy day at home

I enjoy photography and often use it as a means of capturing a scene that I might want to paint later on.  Port Elizabeth is known as South Africa's windy city.  The weather can change in a moment and very often the wind will blow dark misty clouds in from the sea. One afternoon I grabbed the camera and took a photo of these dark clouds rolling in over my home.

I did not think I would want to paint this scene, until I looked at the photo.  I finally got to paint it today.

 Cloudy day at home
Acrylic on hardboard
30 x 30cm

2 comments:

  1. You've certainly put the drama into this painting Vanessa, excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, I also don't usually paint structures, so this was a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...