Wednesday 20 November 2013

Lunch Break Sketching



I call myself a part time artist because I paint and draw in my spare time.  I work fulltime as a graphic designer, which at least gives me a creative outlet. I spend my days creating email adverts, magazine ads, business cards, flyers and banners, etc.

From time to time I go through a phase where painting only when I'm at home is not enough and I find myself drawing or doodling on whatever piece of blank paper is on my desk.

For my lunchtime yesterday I went to the Mugg & Bean coffee shop not too far from my office, with my small sketchbook in hand.  It is amazing how fast that hour passes when you are drawing.  It was quite challenging to draw someone who is not posing, they move around and shift position all the time.  I really need to do this more often.

So as the coffee cup coaster says:- Do what you LOVE, LOVE what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...