Friday 4 March 2011

Guilty Pleasures

I read somewhere that Guilty pleasures are the little things that make life just a wee bit better.

Somebody asked me about the painting that's on the easel in the photograph of me.  This is not a painting that I've shown to many people, I've never exibited it either.  It's a painting that I did purely for myself, one of those selfish pleasures of creating something purely for my own enjoyment. 

I'd always wanted to do a painting of a male torso and one day my daughter brought me several pictures that she had cut out of magazines. We chose one and I turned it into my painting.  So there you have it.


Another of lifes guilty pleasures is a nice glass of red wine.  Here in South Africa we are so lucky to have some of the best wines in the world.

Recently I was given a bottle of Hill and Dale Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz, 2006.  What a delight to the palate.  The wine was so smooth and definitely something I will look out for in the stores.

when I am busy painting I like to play some of my favourite music and will often pour a glass of wine for myself.  Doesn't that just sound like the kind of thing artists do?   Well, unless I go and get another bottle of wine soon, there will only be coffee or tea to drink while I'm painting.

Speaking of painting, time to get back to that portrait I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...