Tuesday 1 March 2011

How do I do...

Artists throughout time, have done self portraits and it is interesting to see how artist's see themselves.  I've done a few over the years, mostly from photos though.  It is still strange to see myself appear on the page from my own hands.  Even though they are from photographs, there is always something else that comes through, because we do tend to draw what we think we see or know.  When looking at them I wonder what it tells other people about the way I see myself.

Colour Pencil - 1983
Pencil - 2011





So maybe it is not the mirror that reflects who we really are, but the way we represent ourselves in our art forms, whether it be painting, writing or any other for that matter.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...