Tuesday 7 January 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - No. 7




The Driver
Acrylic on board
15x15cm (6x6")
NOT FOR SALE


Being back at work full time has made it a bit trickier to keep up with my 30 in 30 challenge.  So I am a day or two behind. This is my 7th entry for this challenge and let me tell you, it was one of those paintings that would not work out.  I was eventually falling asleep while painting last night and really felt like giving up, but this morning I woke up early and attempted damage control, and luckily, what was muddy cleared up.  Thank goodness.  I realised one thing, it is all about lighting! I chose the wrong photograph to work from as far as lighting was concerned.

As I get further into this challenge I wonder to myself, WHY did I decide to do portraits?? I could've gone with anything else and my task would've been a lot easier. But then, this is a CHALLENGE, and taking the easy road would've defeated the object. Since we each set our own boundaries within this challenge I have to be true to myself. Wow, I need to stop waffling now!

Please note: I am backdating this post for the purpose of the challenge.

To find out more about the 30 in 30 challenge please visit http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...