Wednesday 1 January 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - No. 1

Leila
Acrylic on board
15x15cm (6x6")
NOT FOR SALE

Happy New Year to all of you!  A few weeks ago I found out about a 30 day art challenge held by Leslie Saeta.  30 Paintings in 30 Days!  After much thought I decided to join the challenge.  It is quite a commitment and I think it is just what I need right now to challenge me. There are over 200 artists taking part in the challenge, so this feels really exciting!


I have decided on a theme for my 30 days and my theme is portraits.  I will be working on 15 x 15cm (6 x 6") boards. Before I went home to my beloved Port Elizabeth for Christmas, I purchased board, had it cut and primed them all so that it will be all systems go this month. I arrived back in Johannesburg yesterday and I am all geared up for this challenge.

My first portrait is of my granddaughter, Leila.  I painted it just before going on Holiday so that I would have an entry ready for today. The first challenge I encountered was the size.  I am used to working on much larger pieces, so painting this small took a bit of getting used to.  I also found that I am taking too long to complete the painting.  I need to speed up or I could spend hours overworking the piece.

Anyway, the ice has been broken....one down...29 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...