Thursday 23 January 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - No. 23

Lindiwe
Acrylic on board
15x15cm (6x6") 
NOT FOR SALE

Here is my 23nd painting in the 30 in 30 challenge. I took the photo of Lindiwe and I thought this would make a lovely painting. I often use photographs as a frame of reference or a source of inspiration. Portraits are not always that easy and sometimes I don't want to aim at a perfect likeness, but more of an idea of the person.  Sometimes I am surprised by the outcome.  If I know the person I often find that even if I change what is in the photo, I am still met with the actual person on my canvas/board.

I had a lot of fun with the colours in this painting, what I thought was unusual turned out right and I just love the way her skin tone developed.

This post is backdated for the purpose of the 30 in 30 challenge.

To find out more about the 30 in 30 challenge and see all the wonderful paintings by artists from all around the world, please visit http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...